Emotional Intelligence and Resilience – a key to your success in global crisis times
Soft skills and Emotional Intelligence are often referred to as ‘essential skills’ these days.
Not only are they a major differentiator between human beings and AI but they also contribute to better teamwork, outstanding leadership and overall well being.
That’s one of the reasons why we at The HOW Institute have started to deliver ‘Search Inside Yourself’ (SIY) Open Programs in Luxembourg since fall 2019, and we have exceptionally decided to offer a series of 6 webinars during this extraordinary period. These 30-minute free sessions will be led by our two certified SIY teachers Cristina Jardón & Frédérique Charlier.
Developed at Google and based on the latest in neuroscience research, the Search Inside Yourself Program (SIY) teaches attention and mindfulness training that build the core emotional intelligence skills needed for effective leadership, team and personal resilience (more details can be found here https://how-institute.eu/siy/)
Where the current global sanitary crisis has led us to postpone our upcoming June program to October 2020, we are also convinced that many elements and behavioural skills addressed in the SIY program are particularly relevant at this very moment.
What to expect?
Emotional Intelligence has always been an important aspect of everyone’s life before this sanitary crisis but is becoming even more important in the current situation. These webinar series will give you a better grasp and practical exercises on the concepts of emotional resilience, empathy and mindfulness.
The 6 sessions will take place weekly at the same time each of these days, at 5 pm Central European Summer Time (GMT+2) starting April 23, 2020 and will be served using Zoom as a video conferencing tool.
You can individually register for each session hereafter:
***Please note: You can watch recorded versions of the different webinars starting one day after each live event via the same registration link.***
Session 1 : April 23, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
How an increased Emotional Intelligence supports you during challenging times?
- Why Emotional intelligence (EI) matters now more than ever
- Settling the mind for greater focus
- The science of our brain
- An introduction to EI & Neuroscience
- How Self-Awareness can support greater Resilience
Session 2 : April 30, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
How to practice Mindfulness in times of uncertainty?
- Tools and practices to settle the mind
- ‘Pocket’ practices to integrate in our days
- Interactive exchange
- Mindfulness to help us maintain mental fitness
- Cultivating inner calm as the foundation for resilience
- Experiencing session 1 in practice
Session 3 : May 7, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
How to build Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- The science of emotions
- Moving from autopilot to aware
- Once we are aware, what to do with those emotions?
- Building a capacity to observe our emotions and reaction patterns
- Tools for choosing our response more skillfully
Session 4 : May 14, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
Let’s practice Emotional Resilience!
- The key components of Resilience
- Real life examples
- Tools and practice
- Putting session 1 and 2 into practice
- Start applying these tools in our everyday life
Session 5 : May 21, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
Why Cultivating Empathy is key for resilience?
- Creating psychological safety in a remote context
- Connecting fully
- From empathy to compassion
- Moving from ‘intra-’ to ‘interpersonal’
- How to navigate this period as a team member and leader
Session 6 : May 28, 2020 – 5 pm (GMT+2)
Let’s practice Compassion!
- Experiential practice session
- Connecting and being of service
- Additional resources
- Integration practices
- Joint reflection on the way forward